Monday, March 8, 2010

Experiencing God

I'm not sure how and if this post will actually post. I'm on the BB instead of my computer. We'll see!

In recent weeks I have had the opportunity to study Daniel and Revelation. I've also read Genesis - Joshua. I am blown away be the extent and the number of times God reaches out to be with us. Think about it. The Garden of Eden was a place we could take walks with the Lord. That didn't work so he gave us a gazillion different rules to follow and a gazillion ways to make up for us breaking those rules. That didn't work so He sent the Messiah. God walked again on earth and ate with us, talked with us, healed us. For a lot of people, that didn't work so He will come again. After rapturing some of us to heaven, He will give the lost yet another chance to simply believe in the relationship He can restore. That won't work for all, so He will come again to reign for 1,000 years of peace and harmony and being with us. Even that won't work for everyone. He will then have given every opportunity for salvation there ever could have been. He will create a new heaven and a new earth and be with us forever...those who believed. Not only does He come after us repeatedly, He also knows some will refuse Him, deny Him, prefer what they can see to what their hearts know. God gave us Jesus knowing it would only save some. He loved you that much, and He loves me that much.

I love God's Word because it IS my Garden of Eden. Wish I could take a walk right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment