Sunday, February 28, 2010

Centered on Self

Bless our hearts. We are just so self-centered by nature it is a wonder we don't just wander in circles. I was just amazed by the Sunday School lesson today and have come to realize how close-minded and one dimensional of a thinker I am.

If you would have asked me a week ago to describe everything in existence, I would have given you a pretty kindergarten answer:

There is God up there, people here, and the devil down there.

If you would have asked me what spiritual warfare was, I would have also given you a pretty kindergarten answer:

*Kindergartners are brilliant by the way...ha ha!

Spiritual warfare is the struggle between good and evil in me. When I put on the armour of God, I am preparing to battle the bad in me and in the world.

NOPE. NADA. UH HUH. NO. WRONG.

From Genesis to Revelation, angels are mentioned over and over and over. Angels are God's special messengers. Fallen angels are demons. Angels are described as having the face of man. There have been times when they talked with people. They have been sent to destroy cities. They are being used today to protect nations such as Israel. They are at times mentioned by name: Michael and Gabriel.

Even in scripture, it was uncommon for people to speak with an angel. Even today, we do not hear that is happening. Why? Well, I believe people believe what they see and establish relationships with those they communicate with often. If we were to see and speak with angels today, I believe we would worship them. I know I would. I can just see myself wearing some crystals, burning some incense, and waiting on my next visitation. Not because I would be crazy, but because my goodness, how could you NOT worship something so cool!

Spiritual warfare is the battle raging between the good and evil forces of God and the Devil. It rages around us, over us, and unfortunately at times through us. We need the armour of God to protect us from evil we don't even know is there. I am not talking mumbo jumbo, hocus pocus here. I am sharing info that is plain as day spelled out in the Word of God. We are not alone, and I'm also not talking aliens here. There is God, there are angels, there are demons, there are Christians, and there are the lost. Remember, we Christians are a little supernatural ourselves. We do embody the Holy Spirit.

Twilight is great. I have heard Avatar was wonderful, but ya'll, we cannot even imagine the wonder, power, and glory of our immortal God, the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End and the Holy War that wages both seen and unseen.

God wins the war. Don't let Satan even have one battle in your life! Oh, and check out Ephesians 6. In the armour of God, there is but one weapon. The rest is for protection. Do you know what that weapon is...THE WORD OF GOD. There is no point in carrying around a gun that is not loaded. There is also no point in carrying around a Bible you never open!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment