Sunday, February 21, 2010

Layered Love

I need to stop and pray before I start. I have so much to say, but I don't want to ramble on and on and miss the big picture.

God has blessed me so...especially lately...and is teaching me so much in the process which I imagine was the point to begin with. Before becoming a Christian, I rarely enjoyed moments because I lived in the past and the future. You know what I mean? My mind was always reliving yesterday and dreading what tomorrow may bring. After becoming a Christian, I soon began to see how important it is to live for today...for the moment. We cannot relive a moment, and we cannot know for certain what may happen tomorrow. We can; however, live and love each and every day.

Now here is where I don't want to ramble. I have recently realized I am a very one dimensional thinker and liver. I live for today. I want to be a blessing to others. I want to be a light to others for Christ. Nothing wrong with those aspirations. In fact, I probably lifted them from the apostle Paul. Here is the beauty and wonder of God. He is layered. He is multi-dimensional. God may send me to be a light, but in the same place and in the same moment He can send someone to me to be a light. God may put me somewhere to encourage and be a blessing to others, WHILE AT THE SAME MOMENT, I am being encouraged and being blessed!!!

Do you see how beautiful that is? How wonderful to love and to be loved all at once!!! It is so important we use our spiritual gifts in ministry...to grow the Church...to add to those gaining salvation. It is also so important we allow ourselves to be ministered to by others!!! God wants to love through and through. He wants us to love, to be loved on, and the whole time His love is like a third layer!

Yes, we are to go and do. We are also to receive. Maybe that is why some of us burn out at times. We do and do and love and love, but we forgot to stop and be loved, be prayed for, be held...not just by God Himself, but by one another.

WE LOVE BECAUSE HE FIRST LOVED US!

No comments:

Post a Comment