Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Stop Analyzing; Start Praying

Surrendering to God is the most amazing thing. Just when I think I am humble, surrendered, strong in my faith, something happens to show me how far from surrendered I truly am. Although getting closer and closer to facedown before the throne of God, I have a long, long, long way to fall. Interesting how being facedown normally involves a fall, but that is a blog for another day.

Today, maybe for the very first time, I made a decision solely based on the feeling I had while praying about a particular issue. Prior to same, I would have told you I made decisions all the time out of prayer. UNTRUE!!! I make a list of pros and cons, analyze and re-analyze various scenarios regarding the decision to be made, pray, and then select the option with the longest list of pros. Honey, that decision did not come from the Spirit. That decision came from my over-active mind. Yes, I prayed, but my pro and con list comes from the world.

Today, I made a major decision based strictly on the feeling of peace I had when praying about the matter...EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN'T HAVE THE LONGEST LIST OF PROS. In addition, my choice was of lesser financial result!!! Look out my own, little, personal Babylon. You may be crumbling!!!

Oh, what amazing things God has revealed to me in recent weeks. If we realize our flesh (which includes the mind) and Spirit are two different things, then we must look to separate the two when making decisions. Maybe making more money is how God intends to bless us; however, maybe making less money is how God intends on blessing us! How do we know? Pray, and then find that peace that transcends all understanding. Yes, God created us with intelligence to make lists of pros and cons, but He also gives us discernment in order to be wise in making decisions with the help of the Spirit.

I have said I believe. Yet, my life was not reflecting I believed in the Ancient of Days loving me, longing to bless me, being the provider in my life and the life of my family. God has given us His Word to reveal everything we need to be as close to Him as possible while here on earth. His Word and prayer will reveal what His will is every time. Don't pray and then kick your mind in overdrive. Remember, fear, doubt, worry, anxiety are not of God. Those things are of the flesh kicked into turbo speed thanks to this crazy world! Opt for the peace that transcends understanding. Today, I made a decision which makes absolutely no sense. In fact, I will be criticized by those who do not have a personal relationship with Jesus. That is O.K. because with my crazy decision comes no fear, no worry, no anxiety. Tonight, I am wrapped in the grace and love of the Only One who really has any control!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing it is, Heather, to watch you continue to grow. It's amazing how much peace you have when you're obedient to Him without worry of what the world will say. It's a hard step to take, but the blessings of you'll receive for stepping outta that boat are ABUNDANT!!! Praise to Jehovah Jireh, our provider!

    ReplyDelete