Sunday, December 20, 2009

To Please Him

Sovereign, All Mighty, All Knowing, the Alpha and Omega. He knew when He created creation what would be. He could have altered His story. He could have scrapped it all together. Yet He didn't. Knowing full well what would come of the world, people, and His people not only did He allow us to exist...He offered His son as a way to salvation...as a choice. He knew man would fall and fail time and time again. Yet every second since the birth of Christ there has existed the choice to stop falling and start living.

In studying for Sunday School, it dawned on me that God knows my whole life...the big picture. So why even fool with me? Because I delight Him. You delight Him. Every act of obedience, every prayer, every praise, every motion of love delights Jehovah Father. The thought of me delighting the Ancient of Days blows my mind. Yet, I know with the strongest conviction that fact is true. I feel in the core of my soul the Spirit speak and affirm God's delight in me sometimes.

For example, right now I bet God is beaming. I could be in an inappropriate chat room talking to someone I should not be. You could be hanging out on websites you shouldn't be. We're not though. We are right here on Solomon's Portico with a delighting, beaming, loving God. He knows my story and yours. He knows the hairs on our heads (for which this crazy weather is reeking havoc). But there are moments He delights and says way to go...that is exactly what I wanted you to do.

I just want to please Him. I want to delight Him. Every time I am tired, ill, and cranky I have an opportunity to not do what I feel, but do what will please the Lord. Every time God calls me, there is an opportunity to not focus on me, but focus on Him. Tomorrow is Monday. If there is a day of the week meant for battling crabbiness it is Monday! Do things tomorrow to delight Your heavenly Father. Let it be a day about Him...for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment